Celebrity

Kevin Spacey apologises after being accused of sexual advance on 14-year-old actor

Star Trek actor Anthony Rapp Maintained after Spacey lay at Celebrities apartment Through Night along with him 31 years ago, he was traumatised

Kevin Spacey has reacted to allegations he made unwelcome sexual advances towards a 14-year-old celebrity, stating he didn’t remember the episode but if it did occur it was probably “deeply improper drunken behaviour” for which he sincerely apologises.

The Star Trek: Discovery celebrity Anthony Rapp has accused of traumatising him following a party in New York in 22, Spacey.

In a meeting with BuzzFeed, Rapp alleged that Spacey, then 26, invited him and a 17-year-old friend to a nightclub, despite both being visibly underage, where they had been entertained at the VIP area by Spacey.

Rapp said Spacey followed up with an invitation to a party at his Manhattan apartment, which Rapp attended.

Rapp said he spent a lot of this party “kind of exhausted” and watching tv in the bedroom before late into the night, before discovering Spacey standing at the bedroom door and realising all the other guests had left the party.

He explained Spacey “sort of stood at the doorway, kind of swaying. My opinion when he arrived in the room was that he was drunk … He picked me up like a groom picks up the bride over the threshold. But I really don’t, like, squirm because I’m like, ‘What’s happening?’ And he then lays down on top of me.”

Rapp described the encounter as “a suspended moment … With regards to fight or flight or freeze, I have a tendency to freeze.”

Rapp said he thought Spaceywas attempting to “seduce” him but that he was able to “squirm” away shortly afterwards, closing himself in the restroom before telling Spacey he was leaving. “As I opened up the door to leave, he was leaning on the front door[frame]. And he was like, ‘Are you sure you wan nana go?’ I said, ‘Yes, fantastic night,’ and then I did leave,” Rapp said.

A statement posted on the Spacey’s official Twitter accounts on Monday said: “I honestly do not remember the encounter, it would have been around 30 decades ago. But if I did act then because he explains, I owe him the sincerest apology to what could have been deeply improper drunken behavior, and I am sorry for the feelings he explains with carried with him all these years.”

Kevin Spacey (@KevinSpacey)

pic.twitter.com/X6ybi5atr5

October 30, 2017

Spacey, today 58, that has been defiantly personal about his personal life before and whose sexuality has long been the subject of rumour and conjecture, addressed this straight in his announcement, stating: “As people closest to me know, in my entire life I’ve had relationships with both women and men. I have adored and had encounters with men during my entire life, and that I choose today to live as a man. I want to manage this openly and honestly and that starts with analyzing my own behavior.”

Rapp explained that about his encounter he didn’t tell anyone for many years. It wasn’t until Spacey’s career began to rise in the 1990s and 2000s that Rapp became angrier and more frustrated at the memory, stating his “stomach churns” when he sees Spacey now. “I still to this day can’t wrap my mind around so many areas of it. It’s just deeply perplexing to me,” Rapp said.

Rapp also said that, as a queer man himself, he’d found Spacey’s firm stance on his own personal life deeply frustrating: “I wanted to shout to the rooftops, ‘This man is a fraud! ”’

Rapp imputed his ability to deal in the wake of the alleged incident to his acting training, and that he’d “locked away it” within himself. But he also said that there were instances afterwards when he found seeing Spacey and in person distressing, and that he dreaded the prospect of them ever working together.

Rapp considered himself lucky that “something worse did not occur” but also expressed incredulity that it happened at all. He says that he believed talking about the encounter to Spacey but never did. Action was considered by him, but was advised he didn’t have reasons to make a case. He had previously told the story, together with Spacey’s name removed, to that the Advocate at 2001.

BuzzFeed he felt compelled to come forward publicly in the aftermath of the tide of sexual assault accusations against industry mogul Harvey Weinstein was told by Rapp.

In a series of tweets following the publication of this interview, Rapp explained: “I came forward with my story, standing on the shoulders of the many courageous women and men who have been speaking out, to shine a light and hopefully make a difference, as they’ve done for me.”

Anthony Rapp (@albinokid)

To shine a light and hopefully make a difference, as they’ve done for me personally. 2/3

October 30, 2017

Read more: http://www.theguardian.com/us

Related Post

Most Popular

To Top